Monday, November 26, 2012

Kyle's Christmas Countdown

The longer we've been together it seems the harder it gets for me to shop for Kyle.
Oddly enough, the opposite seems true on his end.
This year I really had no idea what to get Kyle, plus he's bought himself some bigger things he wanted recently.
I had already decided to do a few little things (although I don't know what exactly), but I wanted to do something else as well. 

I was reading Rachel's post about her and her husband's Christmas countdown and thought it was such a cute idea. 
I was just having trouble thinking of what all to add to it. 
Later that same day I came across this pin from the Dating Diva's.
Both ideas focused on doing a countdown with things you could do with/for your spouse.

Photobucket
I didn't have a good spot, so it's squished onto my picture hanger. You can see the numbers ready to go!

 I decided to combine both ideas to make mine. 
I came up with ideas based on the five love languages.
1. Acts of Service- things I can do for Kyle. I included physical touch in this category such as a foot massage. 
2. Quality Time- things to go do together. Not all of these are Christmas related, but it's a great way to make sure we get in some of those activities.
3. Words of Affirmation- Some days are just notes about what I love or am thankful for or about him.
4. Gifts- most things in this category are small treats or desserts we don't normally have. 

Each category is typed in its own font and they are spread out so we don't have two things in the same category back to back. 
I printed it out on cardstock and then printed a simple green border with the date on the other side.
Now we just have to wait for December!
 
Kyle doesn't seem too thrilled yet, but he has no idea what the cards contain. All I've told him was that starting December 1st he gets to flip the card every morning to see what that day has. Hopefully it'll end up being something exciting for him!

Linking up with Melissa, Sarah, and Amber

12 comments:

  1. how cute! what a great idea! i'm sure he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I think my sister did something like this last year with the guy she was with at the time. I am totally going to consider this for Christmas time next year...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lovely, I'm your new follower from Blog Hop.
    Love your awesome blog. Feel free to check out & follow my blog @ revampspunkyrena.blogspot.com
    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I am your newest follower from the blog hop! Great site! Check out my blog at
    www.momssurvivingkids.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erin! Love this idea! Might have to steal it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love, love, love this.

    Aloha Sweet Friend,
    We are gathering for An Aloha Affair , a sweet sort of mingling and sharing and growing together. I would so love it if you'd join us. You will always be welcome, anytime. Save ya a seat?...

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI! New follower from Lauren and Lauren! : ) I LOVE this idea! Garrett and I took a little quiz a couple months ago to find out what our Love Language was. I like the idea of using the love languages for your project, I'm sure Kyle will love it! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea! I have been trying to figure out an Advent calendar and like this concept. Found you through a blog hop and excited to be a new follower. I would love to have you stop by my site if you get a chance!

    Chrissy
    http://www.thetaylor-house.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO cute! I wish I would have seen this sooner! Maybe next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a darling idea! You are so creative! I am the same...I have NO IDEA what to get my husband for Christmas! He just wants boring/weird things. What do you even buy boys? It's so hard! haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a really sweet idea! :)

    So it's December 9th now... you'll have to update us on his reaction to the past few days and what activities you guys did! :)

    Happy Sunday!

    -Mia
    http://www.thechroniclesofchaos.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...