Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Iced Coffee Recipe

I love coffee.
It's something I drink daily. 
Despite the heat of Florida I typically stick with regular coffee for quite awhile. 
However, as soon as school ends it's time for iced coffee.
I've been using The Pioneer Women's recipe for years now and love it!

It's perfect for summer and I love not having to make coffee every morning. 

She makes a huge batch, but I only do about half. 

Ingredients:
8oz Ground Coffee
1 Gallon Water
Bowl
Strainer
Paper towels or Cheese Cloth

1. Dump a bag of ground coffee into a bowl. I typically use 8oz.

2. Add a gallon of cold water, mixing to make sure all the grounds touch water. 

3. Cover and allow to sit at least 8 hours. I normally leave it overnight. 

4. Use a fine mesh strainer with paper towels or cheese cloth inside to catch the granules. Place over pitcher or other bowl.

5. Slowly pour coffee mixture into the strainer. 

6. Refrigerate until chilled, I normally wait till the next morning. 
7. Serve with ice and whatever you typically put in your coffee!
 

post signature





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...