In honor of it being two years since hubs and I got engaged I though I would share with you my foolproof way to get a man to propose!
Please keep in mind that this is a 6 year plan.
This is a video from the weekend I met Kyle.
Not only did him and his best friends think this was hilarious, but there I am in the background. In other videos you can see multiple other people from our youth group standing around watching this behavior!
Clearly digital cameras had yet to produce videos with sound!
This is what me and my best friends did that night. We also prank called the boys below us. ALL NIGHT! This is, to this day, my favorite trip ever.
Obviously we were an immature match made in heaven from the start.
- Sit in front of him on a bus. Shamelessly use his best friend to have an excuse to talk to him the whole drive.
- Talk to him on AIM whenever you get a chance.
- Make sure he asks you out and to prom on the same night, in an Arby's parking lot.
- After he asks you out, don't hold his hand for two weeks or kiss him for a month and a half.
- Don't go anywhere with him just the two of you.
- Make him go see Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants with you. Because he's late, make him purchase his own ticket and come find you and your friends.
- Alternate weeks of being out of town for the entire summer.
- Now that he's wrapped around your finger, break up with him over AIM because "it's just not working since we never see each other." (Bonus points if it's his mom's birthday)
- Start dating someone else on a trip you convinced him to go on with the youth group.
- Accidentally go on a date with him when everyone else bails last minute. Kiss him on that same night.
- Ask him to come over to help you set up your new iPod.
- Agree to go to his sister's wedding, but only if you're boyfriend/girlfriend again.
- When he goes to college an hour away, work on all weekends so you can only see each other every few weeks or so.
- Call him every night, forcing him to stop hanging out with his friends.
- Go to college 4 hours away from him.
- Immediately get a job and join a sorority so you're insanely busy.
- Make him drive the 4 hours every month so he can sleep on your floor for the weekend.
- Drag him to sorority functions.
- After three years of this start telling him that you want to be engaged.
- Tell him you want to be engaged by the end of the year.
- Ignore the situation and hope for the best.
- Visit him at his school and talk him into walking on the beach at night.
|Before officially dating again, New Years Eve Blowout 2005|
I can't wait to see where our love story takes us.