Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cauliflower Fried Rice

When Kyle first decided to go on the Keto diet it seemed pretty easy. However, ever since we went off of it in July for family vacation, it has been so hard to stick to. 
For one, I am having trouble thinking of what to eat that will satisfy my picky eater. A lot of the substitutes include things like coconut milk or other things that are just not going to happen. 
I've been trying to slowly branch out more and try at least one or two new recipes a week. Thank you pinterest! 

I had seen this idea floating around for awhile, but since Kyle's not a huge fan of cauliflower I had been reluctant to try it. I have been completely craving comfort food this week so I decided to try it. 
Photobucket 
 Original Recipe

Of course, true to fashion, I changed up the recipe to best suit our taste.

Step 1:
Grate a head of cauliflower. If you have a food processor I would suggest doing it that way! 
It wasn't too bad without one and I only had one casualty!

Look at all that cauliflower!
This made a ton!

Step 2:
Chop up 1/2 a small onion and 2 cloves of garlic
Saute in a tiny bit of oil
Step 3:
Add in cauliflower and flavor with soy sauce.
Cook approximately 5 minutes or until tender. 

Step 4:
Push vegetables to the side making a hole in the middle.
Crack in three eggs and scramble. 
Once the eggs are cooked, mix all together. 

I served it with strip steak. 
Hubs actually ate a ton of this and even said that he almost couldn't tell it wasn't regular fried rice. 
Our version wasn't quite as healthy as the original, but it was definitely better than regular fried rice. 

P.S. I wish I had known how to make homemade fried rice years ago. That stuff is so simple and yummy! 

5 comments:

  1. i love this!!!!!!!! I have been dying to make fauxtatoes with cauliflowers but I never thought about using cauliflowers for RICE! I love finding sneaky ways like this to be healthy! Thanks for sharing, girl!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done the fauxtatoes too! They were okay, but more pudding consistency than potato. I should probably try again

      Delete
  2. Oh yum this looks amazing! Will have to try it!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen a similar recipe floating around pinterest. I need to try this.

    New follower from the blog hop.

    http://faithhopeabound.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...