Thursday, September 13, 2012

Surprise Fail!

Recently Kyle has begun to actually read my blog. 
It's pretty cute.
He even asks me to post about specific things so he can show people. 
Like this Skittles Infused Vodka chillin' in our freezer.
(Tutorial to Come)
Photobucket

However, this week has mostly consisted of working on little things to surprise hubs for his birthday tomorrow. 
On the off chance he decides to read this before then, you'll have to wait to see what I have planned. 
As you know, I'm horrible at keeping surprises. 
Seriously, not only did hubs choose his own birthday present, a blu-ray player,  he went with me to the store to pick it out and we've been happily watching it since August!
Therefore, I can't afford to let the few surprises left get out!

It's not that I'm bad at keeping surprises. 
I actually think I'm pretty decent. 
The problem is that hubs has this way of guessing/messing up my plans without even realizing it!

Like the surprise birthday party I was going to throw him. 
He started asking what we were going to do for his birthday. 
I tried to be all quiet and just say that something was planned. 
But then he wanted to know if his cousin was coming. 
So I said maybe.
And he knew I was lying.
Then he wanted to know if J. knew about the plans, which he did. 
And it just spiraled out of control from there. It didn't help that I didn't know his friends well enough to be able to invite everyone he would want...

Or the blu-ray player. 
I was going to buy him a wireless adapter for his xbox because we had a cord running through the house.
Then we had a problem with the internet, forcing us to move the adapter. 
Since we couldn't run the cord anymore, hubs looked at me and said, "I want to go get an adapter."
Surprise fail #2. 
It did work out though because he decided he'd rather move his xbox and get a blu-ray player.

And surprise fail #3.
Hubs has a website that he uses that sells cheap online games. 
He had been wanting to purchase a game on it for awhile, but hadn't.
I decided to go on early morning the day of his birthday and add money to his account so he could purchase it. 
Monday he wanted to know if I was okay with him adding money to his account.
Of course, there wasn't a good way to say no. 

All these surprise fails and it's not even his birthday yet!
So I'm holding tight to the last small things I have up my sleeves. 

Get ready for my birthday party tutorials! 
Thank you pinterest for making party planning a breeze.
Why were you not popular when I was planning my wedding?

2 comments:

  1. bub-hub always knows what i try to surprise him with...it's quite unfair. i'm a terrible secret keeper though, so it's mostly my fault. o well!

    happy thursday!

    xoxo, sarah grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husbands are so hard to surprise, every time! I know mine reads my blog, he always has (and he tells me stuff to blog about too) so I can't write anything that I'd like too keep for a surprise for him!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...